We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Database Administrator to create, maintain and monitor our database environment. The role is based at our head office in Normanton, Wakefield (remote/hybrid options also available) and reports into the Head of Technology and Cyber Security.
- Create, maintain and monitor our database environment that is highly available and high performing
- Experience in upgrading database from one version to another
- Keep up to date on industry trends, research and evaluate new database features and technology
- Must take a lead role and act as a go-to person when it comes to database related technology
- Implement backup/restore policies for databases
- Evaluate and execute non-application initiated queries
- Investigate and resolve all database crashes, failures, and unexpected behaviour
- Installation and support of MySQL and Postgress software and patches
- Identify opportunities to optimize application data models for performance, manageability, scalability and availability
- Implement, capture and monitoring of key database metrics such as CPU and storage utilization, system resources, and immediately respond to incidents
- Work with application teams in delivering optimal database solutions throughout the life cycle
- Provide support to the data model team in performance enhancement
- Review the data models and provide the sign off on the same
- Meet and exceed financial metrics
- Develop, implement and monitor detailed operational plans.
- Continuously review and implement opportunities to improve financial performance.
- Support the timely production of MI, including commentary on required analysis.
- Promote exceptional levels of service
- Ensure the function consistently delivers the best customer service possible.
- Work to ensure that any Customer issues are dealt with appropriately & in a timely manner.
- Champion continuous improvement
- Drive innovation & continuous improvement to ensure that we consistently deliver the best service possible to our customers.
- Ensure effective processes are in place to maximise the efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Identify operational improvements and efficiencies in processes and implement same as appropriate.
- Take action/work with colleagues to address and solve issues arising.
- IT/Development experience.
- Ability to motivate colleagues.
- Ability to manage, coach and develop people.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Strong track-record in an operational environment.
- Ability to generate new ideas and be innovative.
- Template data versioning solutions
- Solid understanding of HA and disaster recovery configurations
- Experience with MySQL, Linux system
- Experience with designing the HA, DR database solutions
- Experience with operating large size databases
- Experience with building and operating highly available and DR database infrastructure solutions
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Competitive Salary.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Onsite gym and canteen (at Wakefield)
- Early finish on your birthday