VAT Claim for Export effective 1 April 2021
Claims for vehicles purchased from any Aston Barclay site should be sent either to our designated inbox or you may send physical copies to our postal address
Aston Barclay Wakefield
Units 1 & 2 Harvard Way
Normanton Industrial Estate
- Evidence of being a foreign national
- If you are trading as an individual – a copy of the owner’s passport
- Or, if you are incorporated, a copy of your certificate of incorporation
- Original invoice from Aston Barclay
- Evidence of Export:
- Customs entry proof:
- European buyers – SAD document
- Non European buyers – Bill of Lading
- Shipping Invoice
- Vehicle Import receipt (VRT) – for Ireland only
- Proof of VAT registration
- A document containing your VAT number – either a letterhead or copy of a document from the Irish Revenue.
- This must be the VAT number for the buyer named on the invoice. (This will be checked to the European Commission VAT database to verify you are currently registered).
- Amount refundable
- Only the VAT on the vehicle cost is refundable, the VAT on our fees is not refundable as they are for a service provided in the UK.
- An administration fee of 5% or 7% is charged for each vehicle for which a refund is paid (please see options below)
- Refunds can only be made to the company/individual that we have invoiced.
2 options for dealers from the time the buyer provides us all the below documents:
- 5% of the refund (VAT) amount
- Refund within 28 working days
- Fast Track
- 7% of the refund (VAT) amount
- Refund guaranteed within 7 working days