Auction Centre Manager
Location: Leeds LCV
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Auction Centre Manager to join our Leeds LCV site. This a great role for someone looking for the next step in their career!
The successful applicant will be managing all aspects of our dedicated LCV site located in Leeds, just off of the A61.
We’d love to hear from you if you have operational management experience and want to join a growing, fast paced team dedicated to being the best in the business.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Lead the Auction Centre.
- Enforce & promote safety within the workplace.
- Meet and exceed financial and operational metrics.
- Provide effective People Leadership and Management
- Promote exceptional levels of service throughout the Auction Centre.
- Champion continuous improvement throughout the Auction Centre.
- Work collegiately and seamlessly with peers to meet and exceed the company strategy.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the nominated Auction Centre and be the technical expert for the site.
- Lead and deliver the site strategy, including the provision of effective auctions for our customers vehicles by physical or digital means.
- Ensure site adherence to group HSEQ & Compliance policies and procedures.
- Meet and exceed the monthly and annual financial budget (profit and loss and balance sheet) and related financial KPI’s.
- Meet and exceed all operational KPIs and objectives.
- Take responsibility for all financial requirements including site MI, reforecasts and annual budget.
- Monitor branch KPI’s as regularly as required - highlighting pressure areas and providing suggested solutions.
- Understand what financial and operational metrics drive the sites’ performance and be able to confidently articulate that to stakeholders and teams.
- Ensure all employees have PDR’s and monthly 1:2:1’s which have structure giving SMART objectives throughout.
- Utilise performance management processes to ensure success is celebrated and enhanced and poor performance is dealt with in the correct process.
- Managing all people processes including conduct, grievance, absence and other employee relations matters in line with company policies and procedures.
- Develop succession plans for high performing team members.
- Lead daily huddles and managers meetings.
- Oversee induction training for new staff.
- Ensure all pre and post-sale reporting is completed in line with SLA requirements.
- Be the final escalation point of contact for all customer issues at centre level.
- Collate information to ensure we meet customers’ needs when physically onsite or remotely.
- Oversee the branches arbitration process for our customers ensuring issues are resolved within timescales.
- Attend customer reviews where applicable and follow up on agreed actions.
- Ensure the needs of existing customers are met to an exceptional standard.
- Authorise invoices & payments accurately & on time.
- Attend wider company and Operations meetings as required.
- Where applicable, attend customer reviews, working alongside sales to add value to those meetings.
- Proven management skills including Profit and Loss responsibility for a business of at least similar size and complexity.
- Motivational leadership qualities that develop and evolve the business.
- Established experience in effective problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to manage, coach, mentor and develop people.
- Proven ability and experience of managing a complex, fast paced operations function.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Detailed understanding of operational drivers, strategy and departmental issues and taking initiative to deliver.
- Automotive industry experience – preferred but not essential.
- LCV knowledge - preffered but not essential.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
Competitive salary and company car.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays.
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday