Yard Team Leader
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a full time Yard Team Leader to join our busy Chelmsford team.
• Effectively lead the Yard team
• Process vehicles and carry out vehicle checks.
• Ensure that levels of customer service within the function are exceptional at all times.
• Take responsibility for Yard & site health, safety & security.
• Provide visible, respectful leadership to the Yard team and be the technical expert for direct reports.
• Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and maintained.
• Manage the direct reports to achieve agreed outputs.
• Embed KPI’s to manage performance across team.
• Book vehicles in and out using the handheld device.
• Conduct vehicle security checks.
• Update all paperwork and barcodes appropriately.
• Dispatch documentation to the administrative staff.
• Report all vehicle defects in a timely manner.
• Refuel vehicles as per procedure.
• Jump start or battery start vehicles as per procedure.
• Ensure that vehicles are prepared for sales in line with site processes.
• Process vehicles through the sale.
• Prepare vehicles for collections post sale.
• Full driving license.
• Experience in effective problem solving and decision making.
• Ability to manage, coach, mentor and develop people.
• Ability to work & manage a team in a complex, fast paced operations function.
• Interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
• Experience of working to deadlines with quality output.
• Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
45 hours per week, Monday to Friday