We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a full time Yard Operative based at our Wakefield site.
- Process vehicles and carry out vehicle checks.
- Ensure that levels of customer service within the function are exceptional at all times.
- Take responsibility for yard & site health, safety & security.
- Book vehicles in and out using the handheld device.
- Conduct vehicle security checks.
- Update all paperwork and barcodes appropriately.
- Dispatch documentation to the administrative staff.
- Report all vehicle defects in a timely manner.
- Refuel vehicles as per procedure.
- Jump start or battery start vehicles as per procedure.
- Transport vehicles around the yard as needed, adhering to legislation & Company policies at all times.
- Ensure that vehicles are prepared for sales in line with site processes.
- Process vehicles through the sale.
- Prepare vehicles for collections post sale.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced operations function.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines with quality output.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + UK Bank Holidays
- The ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Onsite gym and canteen
- Early finish on your birthday
£10.42 per hour