We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We have a exciting opportunity for a full time Vehicle Refurbishment Manager to join our team at Chelmsford. The role reports to the Group Refurbishment Manager.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Identify vehicle refurbishment opportunities; working with vendors to increase revenue.
- Work with a preferred supplier list for refurbishment.
- Report on refurbishment performance & identify areas for improvement.
- Undertake refurbishment related administrative tasks as required.
- Maintain exceptional standards of Health & Safety.
- Ensure that levels of customer service within the function are exceptional at all times.
- Identify opportunities for refurbishments on vehicles, in order to increase revenue by following group processes and procedures.
- Work with approved suppliers to carry out refurbishment repairs to the highest possible standards.
- Undertake quality checks of the work which is undertaken by relevant 3rd parties.
- Drive increases in refurb volume through leveraging new and existing relationships.
- Provide technical support & guidance to vehicle inspectors as required.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Look to improve the grading of vehicles & increase first time conversion rates.
- Assess vendor vehicles against the specific grade improvement programme for each vendor.
- Engage with vendors with a view to undertake refurbishments on vehicles to increase revenue.
- Meet with vendors & suppliers on a regular basis to review previously completed work & obtain new opportunities.
- Where required, liase with site admin teams to ensure relevant repairs are carried out on time.
- Ensure that work aligns with the goals and needs of the Company, adapting plans as needed.
- Where required, oversee the mechanical refurbishment including non-runners.
- Where required, oversee the diagnostics and ordering of relevant parts such as spare keys etc.
- Arrange refurbishment with the agreed supplier list as approved by the Group Refurbishment Manager.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance against SLAs.
- Ensure that each supplier is price matched, meaning the best possible value is achieved for the Company on any subcontracted work.
- Approve supplier invoices against agreed pricing structure.
- Escalate any underperforming suppliers to the Group Refurbishment Manager.
- Produce weekly reports on refurb performance.
- Utilise reporting to identify new refurb opportunities.
- Attend management meetings when requested, producing data analysis of work carried out to be discussed & analysed.
- Ensure all refurbishment work is conducted in a timely manner to support vendor SLAs/days to sell.
- Continuously review results and seek further financial improvements.
- Ensure that all refurbishment costs are captured within the job card system.
- Carry out invoicing correctly, ensuring that all charges are accurate & obtain appropriate approvals.
- Amend vehicle grading reports where required prior to sale.
- Carry out jump starts and refuelling in accordance with guidelines.
- Full UK driving license.
- Knowledge of vehicle mechanics and refinishing.
- NAMA inspections qualified, desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced operations function.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Commercial acumen and credibility.
- Attention to detail.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of UK Bank Holidays
- The ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Onsite gym and canteen
- Early finish on your birthday