We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced Transport Supervisor to lead our transport team in Westbury, Wiltshire. You will report to the Group Logistics Manager South and work closely with the wider Transport team based around the UK. You will be actively involved in the day-today operation to ensure an effective and efficient transport function.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Undertake effective transport planning and coordination.
- Ensure effective management of Transport costs.
- Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
- Manage contractor relationships.
- Lead and manage direct reports.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance.
- Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers to achieve all collections and deliveries across the group.
- Achieve maximum utilisation of vehicles through efficient planning.
- Appropriately route pool cars & HGV’s (where applicable) to maximise efficiency.
- Manage collections & deliveries.
- Re-plan vehicle movements when necessary due to delays.
- Complete and resolve all outstanding planning issues or pending concerns.
- Oversee the update of Auction Management System (AMS) with details of vehicle collections & deliveries.
- Carry out daily reporting/tracking of the days performance and execution of the plan to ensure collections and deliveries are achieved.
- Meet & exceed all transport financial KPIs and objectives.
- Provide regular reporting of all costs and progress against targets.
- Maintain control over contractor utilisation and minimise costs of external resources.
- Reconcile AMS & supplier invoices onto purchase ledger system.
- Consistently work in a way that delivers exceptional customer service, in line with SLA’s.
- Deal with complaints as necessary.
- Escalate complaints as necessary.
- Support tender processes to identify preferred supplier list.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance against SLAs.
- Manage bulk sub-contractor allocations.
- Select the most cost-effective option in all circumstances.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the Transport team and be the technical expert for direct reports.
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants as appropriate.
- Manage the direct reports to achieve agreed outputs.
- Embed KPI’s to manage performance across team.
- Ensure compliance with the operator licensing requirements.
- CPC holder or working toward (preferred but not essential).
- Experience in Transport Supervision.
- Established experience in effective problem solving and decision making.
- Experienced in change management.
- Ability to manage, coach, mentor and develop people.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience of producing high quality information to deadlines.
- Automotive industry experience (preferred but not essential).
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday