Location: Prees Heath
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our busy team in Prees Heath.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance for the function.
- Undertake effective management of Transport costs.
- Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers.
- Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
- Manage contractor relationships.
- Leadership and management of direct reports.
Duties will include:
- Maintain compliance with the operator licensing requirements.
- Ensure all HGV's are road worth and maintained in accordance to legislation.
- Ensure that legislation regarding driver hours and tachographs is adhered to at all times.
- Provide regular reporting of all costs and progress against targets.
- Maintain control over contractor utilisation and minimise costs of external resources.
- Achieve maximum utilisation of vehicles & drivers through efficient planning.
- Download tachograph data & take relevant actions in line with Company & legislative standards.
- Consistently work in a way that delivers exceptional customer service, in line with SLA’s.
- Deal with complaints as necessary.
- Take feedback from customers and act upon it, constantly striving for improvements within the function.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the Transport team and be the technical expert for direct reports.
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants as appropriate.
- Embed KPI’s to manage performance across team.
- CPC Holder
- Experience in Transport Supervision
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop people
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Automotive industry experience - preferred but not essential
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday