Location: Donington Park
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a full time Transport Supervisor to join our team based in Donington Park.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Undertake effective transport planning and coordination.
- Ensure effective management of Transport costs.
- Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
- Manage contractor relationships.
- Lead and manage direct reports.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance.
- Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers to achieve all collections and deliveries across the group.
- Achieve maximum utilisation of vehicles through efficient planning.
- Appropriately route pool cars & HGV’s (where applicable) to maximise efficiency.
- Manage collections & deliveries.
- Re-plan vehicle movements when necessary due to delays.
- Complete and resolve all outstanding planning issues or pending concerns.
- Oversee the update of Auction Management System (AMS) with details of vehicle collections & deliveries.
- Carry out daily reporting/tracking of the days performance and execution of the plan to ensure collections and deliveries are achieved.
- Meet & exceed all transport financial KPIs and objectives.
- Provide regular reporting of all costs and progress against targets.
- Maintain control over contractor utilisation and minimise costs of external resources.
- Reconcile AMS & supplier invoices onto purchase ledger system.
- Consistently work in a way that delivers exceptional customer service, in line with SLA’s.
- Deal with complaints as necessary.
- Escalate complaints as necessary.
- Ensure the complaint is logged on every occasion.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Take feedback from customers and act upon it, constantly striving for improvements within the function.
- Ensure feedback is learned from and work in a way that supports continuous improvement
- Support tender processes to identify preferred supplier list.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance against SLAs.
- Manage bulk sub-contractor allocations.
- Select the most cost-effective option in all circumstances.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the Transport team and be the technical expert for direct reports.
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants as appropriate.
- Manage the direct reports to achieve agreed outputs.
- Embed KPI’s to manage performance across team.
- Ensure compliance with the operator licensing requirements.
- Ensure all HGV’s are road worthy and are maintained in accordance with legislation (if applicable).
- Download tachograph data & take relevant actions in line with Company & legislative standards (if applicable).
- Oversee that the Company tyre policy is adhered to and that vehicles always operate legally.
- Ensure that legislation regarding driver hours and tachographs is adhered to at all times
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Identify and report any broken or faulty equipment, hardware etc.
- Consistently adhere to and enforce current legislation & Company policies.
- Report any & all accidents/incidents, whether on or off site, in-line with Company procedures.
40 hours per week on a rota between the hours of 07.30am and 18.00pm, Monday to Saturday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday