Location: Donington Park
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our team based in Donington Park.
Principle Responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance for the function.
• Undertake effective management of Transport costs.
• Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers.
• Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
• Manage contractor relationships.
• Leadership and management of direct reports.
- Maintain compliance with the operator licensing requirements.
- Ensure all HGV’s are road worthy and are maintained in accordance with legislation.
- Oversee that the Company tyre policy is adhered to and that vehicles always operate
- Ensure that legislation regarding driver hours and tachographs is adhered to at all times
- Process vehicle insurance claims where applicable.
- Take ownership of defects and corrective measures.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times, including the use of appropriate personal
- Identify and report any broken or faulty equipment, hardware etc.
- Consistently adhere to and enforce current legislation & Company policies.
- Report any & all accidents/incidents, whether on or off site, in-line with Company
- Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers
- Achieve maximum utilisation of vehicles & drivers through efficient planning.
- Appropriately route pool cars & HGV’s to maximise efficiency.
- Oversee the update of Auction Management System with details of vehicle collections & deliveries.
- Manage collections & deliveries.
- Download tachograph data & take relevant actions in line with Company & legislative
- Meet & exceed all transport financial KPIs and objectives.
- Provide regular reporting of all costs and progress against targets.
- Maintain control over contractor utilisation and minimise costs of external resources.
- Reconcile Auction Management System & supplier invoices onto purchase ledger system.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the Transport team and be the technical expert for
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday