We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a Transport Manager to join our busy team at Chelmsford.
As Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing the transport operation from site to ensure the smooth running of the transport function in line with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
Principle responsibilities include:
• Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance for the function.
• Undertake effective management of Transport costs.
• Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers.
• Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
• Manage contractor relationships.
• Leadership and management of direct reports.
As Transport Manager you will:
• Be an effective member of the site management team driving business performance.
• Deliver exceptional standards and quality performance within the transport department.
• Effectively manage and develop people.
• Meet and exceed financial KPIs (including cost, revenue and losses).
• CPC holder.
• Extensive experience in Transport Management.
• Extensive knowledge of Operator Licensing requirements and legalisation.
• Established experience in effective problem solving and decision making.
• Experienced in change management.
• Ability to manage, coach, mentor and develop people.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
• Experience of producing high quality information to deadlines.
• Automotive industry experience – preferred but not essential.
• Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
• Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
40 hours per week, Monday to FridayApply for this vacancy