Transport Manager - North
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Transport Manager to lead our logistics operations in the North of England. The role reports into the Head of Logistics.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety legislation compliance for the function.
- Undertake effective management of Transport costs.
- Maximise utilisation of vehicles and drivers.
- Ensure that exceptional levels of customer service are delivered throughout the function.
- Manage contractor relationships.
- Leadership and management of direct reports.
- Be a named Operator License holder for the business.
- Maintain compliance with the Operator Licensing requirements.
- Ensure all HGV’s are road worthy and are maintained in accordance with legislation.
- Oversee that the Company tyre policy is adhered to and that vehicles always operate legally.
- Ensure that legislation regarding driver hours and tachographs is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all relevant vehicle and driver documentation is obtained and filed appropriately and correctly.
- Ensure all vehicle inspections are completed accurately and on time.
- Process vehicle insurance claims as applicable.
- Take ownership of defects and corrective measures.
- Assist in maintaining and/or achieving relevant transport accreditations.
- Cover any absence or holiday of the Transport Manager South to ensure compliance is always maintained.
- Achieve maximum utilisation of vehicles, drivers and trade plate drivers through efficient planning.
- Appropriately route pool cars to maximise efficiency.
- Oversee the update of AMS with details of vehicle collections and deliveries.
- Manage plate collections & deliveries.
- Download tacho data and take relevant actions in line with Company and legislative standards.
- Meeting and exceeding all transport financial KPIs and objectives.
- Provide regular reporting of all costs and progress against targets.
- Maintain control over contractor utilisation and minimise costs of external resources.
- CPC holder.
- Extensive experience in Transport Management.
- Extensive knowledge of Operator Licensing requirements and legalisation.
- Established experience in effective problem solving and decision making.
- Experienced in change management.
- Ability to manage, coach, mentor and develop people.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience of producing high quality information to deadlines.
- Automotive industry experience – preferred but not essential.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Company car.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday