We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Transport Coordinator to join our team at Normanton in Wakefield.
- Coordinate vehicles, people & work within the Transport function.
- Ensure that levels of customer service within the function are exceptional at all times.
- Maintain exceptional levels of transport health, safety & security.
- Accurately record vehicles in & out of site.
- Coordinate collections & deliveries.
- Add collections & deliveries to the Auction Management System (AMS).
- Arrange sub-contractor allocations.
- Complete administration and documentation as required.
- Conduct daily & weekly tasks including vehicle checks.
- Generate reports for distribution as required.
- Maintain all necessary transport systems.
- Work closely with the Transport Supervisor to ensure drivers remain compliant with legislation & Company policies, including tacograph.
- Act as first line support for all transport related queries including telephone and email.
- Support the wider transport function as required, including acting as a proxy for the Supervisor/Manager on site as required.
- Consistently work in a way that delivers exceptional customer service.
- Deal with complaints as necessary.
- Escalate complaints as necessary.
- Ensure the complaint is logged by the appropriate person on every occasion.
- Ensure feedback is learned from and work in a way that supports continuous improvement.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Report any & all accidents/incidents, whether on or off site, in-line with Company procedures.
- Strong administration skills and experience.
- Transport experience preferred.
- Experienced in data entry and processing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced transport function.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working to deadlines with quality output.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
40 hours per week. £23,500 per annum.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday