Telesales/Vehicle Purchasing Team Leader
Voted the fastest growing Tech company in the North of England 2017 and number 20 in The Sunday Times top 20 tech track 100 list 2018, The Car Buying Group, work with enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking individuals. Our aim is to be one of the leading online car buying services, offering an industry leading proposition, delivering the fairest, simplest and one of the fastest ways to sell a car on line. Our passion is cars and customer experience.
We are looking for a Team Leader to lead our Vehicle Purchasing Team. The role is in office and based from our head office in Normanton. The successful candidate will join a team of existing and driven Telesales Executive Team Leaders and will be responsible for a team of circa 15 vehicle purchasers.
Principle Responsibilities Include:
- Personally contribute to the teams purchasing target.
- Work as part of the team to achieve and exceed agreed targets for both volume of vehicle purchases and profit.
- Maximize opportunities through the effective leadership and coaching of the team.
- Be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Support wider functions with operational processes and procedures and ensure the team adhere to these.
- Produce accurate & timely reporting.
- Achieve and exceed agreed targets for both volume of vehicle purchases and profit; on an individual and team basis.
- Work as part of a team to maximise opportunities through the effective negotiation and delivery of our proposition and USP’s.
- Represent and promote The Car Buying Group brand.
- Actively contact customers to maximise the overall purchasing volume.
- Be a final point of contact for unsuccessful deals to maximise purchasing opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships with peer colleagues and in supporting functions.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties at the request of the leadership team.
- Meet and exceed Team Leader and team targets.
- Motivate and manage to ensure the team perform in line with sales and performance targets.
- Confidently coach the team to make outbound telephone calls to existing and prospective contacts.
- Motivate colleagues to maximize performance.
- Deliver a high level of service to increase business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the team and be the technical liaison for direct reports.
- Communicate change, share best practice and motivate the team when necessary.
- Set KPI’s for direct reports & manage performance.
- Carry out continuous coaching of colleagues.
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants as appropriate.
- Assess the workload of the team, delegate tasks & provide support in prioritising.
- Support and delegate the timely production of MI, including commentary on required analysis.
- Take responsibility for enhancing the customer’s overall experience.
- Utilise call listening tools to coach team members and colleagues on delivering outstanding customer interventions and optimise purchasing performance, where necessary.
- Where necessary, manage customer complaints effectively & be a point of escalation for issue resolution.
- Lead by example, providing exceptional levels of Customer Service.
- Actively engage with colleagues in supporting functions, taking on board any feedback and expertise to enable and improve customer conversations and quality vehicle purchases.
- Keep colleagues up to date on relevant Company and industry information/communications.
- Deliver communications in an engaging and meaningful way.
- Identify and make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Analyse and understand call statistics and KPI data.
- Prepare regular reports on team and individual purchasing activity & performance, as well as call results.
- Previous leadership and coaching experience
- Previous sales/customer service experience
- Experienced within a targeted telephone/office/contact centre/field sales environment
- Understanding and working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. Gmail, chat platforms).
- Understanding of KPIs.
- Excellent data entry/ CRM skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively with strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills with all level of stakeholders.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday