Call Centre Team Leader
Voted the fastest growing Tech company in the North of England 2017 and number 20 in The Sunday Times top 20 tech track 100 list 2018, The Car Buying Group, work with enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking individuals. Our aim is to be one of the leading online car buying services, offering an industry leading proposition, delivering the fairest, simplest and one of the fastest ways to sell a car on line. Our passion is cars and customer experience.
We are looking for a Team Leader to lead our Vehicle Purchasing Team. The role is predominantly based from our head office in Normanton, with some home working available and reports into the Head of Sales & Call Centre Performance.
Principle Responsibilities Include:
- Achieve and exceed agreed targets for both volume of vehicle purchases and profit.
- Maximize opportunities through the effective leadership and coaching of the team.
- Be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Support wider functions with operational processes and procedures and ensure the team adhere to these.
- Produce accurate & timely reporting.
- Ensure the team perform in line with sales and performance targets.
- Confidently coaching the team to make outbound telephone calls to existing and prospective contacts.
- Motivate colleagues to maximise performance.
- Deliver a high level of service increasing business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the team and be the technical for direct reports.
- Hold regular team meetings & 121’s with direct report to communicate change, share best practice and motivate the team.
- Set KPI’s for direct reports & manage performance against these.
- Carry out training, onboarding and coaching of colleagues.
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Implement the efficient operation of systems, including engaging with external consultants as appropriate.
- Assess the workload of the team, delegate tasks & provide support in prioritising.
- Support and delegate the timely production of MI, including commentary on required analysis.
- Deliver effective training and coaching to new and existing colleagues.
- Take responsibility for enhancing the customer’s overall experience.
- Utilise call listening tools to coach team members and colleagues on delivering outstanding customer interventions and optimise purchasing performance.
- Manage customer complaints effectively & be a point of escalation for issue resolution.
- Lead by example, providing exceptional levels of Customer Service.
- Actively engage with colleagues in supporting functions, taking on board their feedback and expertise to enable intelligent customer conversations and quality vehicle purchases.
- Keep colleagues up to date on information that may determine how they process customer requirements.
- Deliver communications in an intelligent, engaging and meaningful way.
- Identify and make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Analyze and understand call stats and KPI data.
- Prepare regular reports on purchasing activity & performance, as well as call results.
- Maintain and manipulate data in excel format to assist with reporting.
- Produce reports for internal stakeholders on purchasing activity when requested
- Previous leadership and coaching experience
- Previous sales/customer service experience
- Previous experience within a targeted telephone/office/contact centre/field sales environment
- Understanding and working knowledge of IT packages (e.g. gmail, chat platforms)
- Excellent data entry/ CRM skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively with strong multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable with speaking to customers, suppliers and colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high energy/ high pressure/ fast paced environment
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Proven ability to meet/exceed targets
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 31 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday