Senior Front End Developer - Fixed Term Contract
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We have a exciting opportunity for a Senior Frontend Software Developer to join our busy IT team. This role reports to the Senior Systems Architect. This is a 12 month fixed term contract to support with some IT projects.
The role can be based from home, any of our 6 sites or a hybrid approach can be taken.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for development of new features and continuous improvement of Aston Barclay’s applications.
- Work collaboratively with other Developers, BAs, QAs, business stakeholders and colleagues to ensure a shared understanding of desired business outcomes, and delivery of functional, performance and other non-functional requirements, assuring the provision of a coherent and satisfying UX/UJ which meets the needs of our customers and staff.
- Champion continuous improvement and a culture of high quality throughout the function – promote and embed quality techniques which help deliver ‘right-first-time’, ‘speed-to-value’ and total team productivity.
- Support the timely, high-quality delivery of change projects.
- Plan and carry out software development to meet the requirements of the business
- Incorporate best practices for quality and long-term maintainability of delivered applications, including incorporation of automated testing into development.
- Select and implement appropriate development tools and libraries.
- Work closely with BAs and business stakeholders to design coherent UX
- Work closely with QAs to identify, track and resolve issues, bugs and errors.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues.
- Continually document software as it is delivered.
- Work closely with other developers, QAs, BAs and business stakeholders to assure high-quality of delivered software which meets the business intent.
- Collaborate with other developers, QAs, BAs and business stakeholders to develop project plans.
- Identify, communicate and manage development issues in a clear, accurate and collaborative manner – always focusing on desired business outcomes and maintainability of solutions.
- Attend and actively participate in project meetings.
- Work with BAs and business stakeholders to understand business intent and desired outcomes.
- Work towards the IT strategy and continuously strive to achieve the goals set out.
- Recognise routine tasks as learning opportunities and identify improvements.
- Lead and contribute towards process improvements – champion a quality culture and contribute process, techniques and tools.
- Assist and participate in IT and other departmental specialist projects where requested.
- Provide assistance as and when required in relation to internal/external audits.
- Undertake other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Extensive experience of working with both web and mobile platforms.
- Deep familiarity with ReactJS and React Native frameworks.
- Experience with TypeScript
- Familiar with Git version control, continuous integration, and unit testing of frontend software.
- Understanding of the software development process – including Agile.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Strong organisational skills.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday