Sales Support Team Leader
Voted the fastest growing Tech company in the North of England 2017 and number 20 in The Sunday Times top 20 tech track 100 list 2018, The Car Buying Group, work with enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking individuals. Our aim is to be one of the leading online car buying services, offering an industry leading proposition, delivering the fairest, simplest and one of the fastest ways to sell a car on line. Our passion is cars and customer experience.
We are looking for a Sales Support Team Leader to join our team based at Normanton.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Supervise, coach, train and act as the first level of escalation for colleagues.
- Make effective commercial decisions through building and maintaining strong supplier relationships, working with colleagues to manage costs in line with budget.
- Reporting & analysis, identifying trends and opportunities to provide continuous improvement to the company, customers and/ or colleagues.
- Daily management of the team at a tactical level.
- Drive performance throughout the team by reviewing KPI's, taking corrective action where needed to achieve targets.
- Undertaking quality checking measures to ensure best practice is followed within the team, and all works are within requirements.
- Take ownership of any escalated customer issues within a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure adherence to people policies and procedures around behaviour and attendance within your team.
- Work with the head of operations to lead and deliver on key projects and incentives within the department and where appropriate, the wider business.
- Identify opportunities to support colleague development and utilise coaching skills to broaden colleague skills and knowledge.
- Own and resolve customer escalations/ queries.
- Utilise company data to ensure movements are booked with the right agent for the type of movement that offers the best service for the best price.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers.
- Make effective commercial decisions to achieve budget.
- Distribute collection volume, cost, accuracy, performance and abort reporting (or any other reporting) as requested by head of operations or SMT.
- Identify and recommend potential solutions to head of operations where appropriate.
- Utilise effective coaching skills to enable colleagues to work towards and achieve optimal performance.
- Support colleagues through use of SMART development plans.
- Be a champion of change initiatives within the Sales Support team and where appropriate, the wider business.
- Work with colleagues to support understanding and engagement of initiatives, changes, project and/ or incentives.
- Previous experience within a telephone/ office/ contact centre environment
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous experience of working with suppliers is desirable but not essential
- Commercial acumen
- Coaching skills and capability
- Great understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft packages (excel/ word). Specifically, able to produce pivot tables vlookups with an understanding of core formulas
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively with strong multi tasking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high energy/ high pressure/ fast paced environment
- Deliver excellent customer service
Working hours – 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday with flexibility to cover late shifts as required and to work 1 in 3 Saturdays