Purchase Ledger Administrator
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Administrator to join our busy Finance team based in Normanton, Wakefield.
- Process supplier invoices.
- Maintain purchase ledger.
- Manage Purchase Order process.
- Query resolution and escalation to management where necessary.
- Implement new processes and maintain comprehensive and up to date process documentation.
- Continuously improve controls and procedures for the benefit of Aston Barclay.
- Support Management with ad hoc requests and reporting.
- Coding and processing of all supplier invoices for sites.
- Ensure invoice approval process is adhered to.
- Communicate with internal management to gain invoice approval in a timely manner.
- Export invoices from Zahara to Exchequer.
- Ensure that the Purchase Order process is adhered to at all times, highlighting and non-conformance.
- Distribute status reports to the wider business on PO process adherence.
- Export Transport jobs from AMS in Zahara (PO Creation).
- Ensure queries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Implement project plans in line with the Chief Financial Officer's requirements and work with key stakeholders on the projects needs of the Company.
- Ensure work aligns with the goals and needs of the Company, adapting plans as needed.
- Work with the Financial Accountant during audit.
- Undertake review and detailed mapping of current policies and processes, identifying gaps and risks.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure legislation compliance where needed.
- Understand with financial trends within the Company and take corrective action where necessary.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to produce internal communication plans and launch new policies and procedures.
- Support development of continuous improvement and update process to ensure consistent compliance.
- Action requests in line with the requirements, and work with key stakeholders to meet the needs of the Company.
- Experience in purchase ledger, invoice processing and relevant accounting software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of producing high quality information to deadlines.
- Ability to be a trusted adviser to business colleagues.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday
- Onsite Gym