We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service. Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Operations Manager to join our team based in Chelmsford.
Principle Responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for all vehicles on site, their movement and actions undertaken in relation to them while on site.
- Enforce & promote safety within the workplace.
- Meet and exceed financial and operational metrics.
- Lead the yard operations team.
- Promote exceptional levels of service throughout the site.
- Champion continuous improvement throughout the site.
- Be responsible for all vehicles on site, their movement and actions undertaken in relation to them while on site
- Ensure exceptional site standards and housekeeping are upheld.
- Highlight and action or escalate potential process failures prior to any drop in service levels
- Attend and contribute at monthly and weekly site management meetings
- Produce quality management information within set timescales
- Develop continuous improvement mindset in the yard and update processes to ensure consistent process compliance.
- Ensure site adherence to group HSEQ & Compliance policies and procedures.
- Uphold & enforce site security to minimise site theft & damage via appropriate risk management.
- Identify and as appropriate act on opportunities for additional revenue.
- Identify and as appropriate act on areas for cost out/down.
- Carry out daily monitoring of site KPI’s - highlighting pressure areas and providing suggested solutions including; Collection/Delivery performance.
- Stock Management, Days to Inspect, Losses.
- Be involved as required in all monthly financial requirements the Centre Manager is required to complete - forecast, 1st draft P&L, P&L calls, commentary.
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the yard operations team and be the technical expert for direct reports.
- Manage direct reports to achieve agreed outputs.
- Report all vehicle defects in a timely manner.
- Fuel vehicles in accordance with training provided.
- Jump start or battery start vehicles in accordance with training provided
- Embed KPI’s to manage performance across team, including the number of not inspected vehicles and the inspection process as a whole.
- Ensure that the pre-sale line up is appropriate, with all vehicles correctly lotted and displayed.
- Be responsible for end to end car processing.
- Continually seek to improve the department by working in a cycle of continuous improvement.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday