National Remarketing Manager
Location: The Car Buying Group
Voted the fastest growing Tech company in the North of England 2017 and number 20 in The Sunday Times top 20 tech track 100 list 2018, The Car Buying Group, work with enthusiastic, passionate, and hardworking individuals. Our aim is to be one of the leading online car buying services, offering an industry leading proposition, delivering the fairest, simplest and one of the fastest ways to sell a car on line. Our passion is cars and customer experience.
We are looking for a National Remarketing Manager to join our busy team based at Wakefield.
- Develop, lead, and manage an industry leading remarketing and disposal process for The Car Buying Group.
- Provide support to Head of Valuations and Remarketing primarily in the disposals, valuations and collections aspects of the business as required.
- Conduct all auction sales reporting for Head of department and the operating board.
- Support the valuations team with purchasing pricing/valuations of cars where required.
- Manage the refurbishment programme for The Car Buying Group.
- Be the visible, respectful face of TCBG in the auction environment.
- Maintaining positive auction relationships and carry out regular auction performance reviews and feedback sessions.
- Review and make recommendations on improvements and business initiatives.
- Oversea the efficient operation of the Remarking IT systems, working with internal IT and stakeholders as appropriate.
- Drive increase in volume through direct purchasing leveraging new and existing relationships.
- Manage a high turnover of stock.
- Review all vehicles to make sure they are presented to the best of their ability.
- Asses and review purchased vehicles ensuring specifications, images and descriptions are correct pre-sale.
- Take responsibility for all Remarketing reporting daily, weekly and monthly.
- Take responsibility for regular auction performance reviews and recommendations for any performance improvements.
- Manage the reporting on all TCBG vehicle refurbishment activity.
- Attend and contribute to weekly operational and marketing / risk calls.
- Work with Aston Barclay team to identify vehicles that would realise more profit if refurbished.
- Manage refurbishment process to ensure timely repairs and positive ROI.
- Grow and maintain supplier relationships.
- Value cars for the purchasing team when requests are made to ensure the correct purchasing of the car.
- Support purchasing team with negotiations with consumers and relevant vehicle pricing checks.
- Experience of vehicle valuations and knowledge of how to value a car for wholesale disposals.
- Experience of the wholesale vehicle environment and auction processes.
- Relevant and timely experience of used car disposals and / or remarketing programmes from an automotive manufacturer or remarketing company.
- Good working knowledge of used car relevant tools including valuations tools.
- Commercial acumen with knowledge and experience of crucial business functions with used cars and remarketing.
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to details.
- High level of computer literacy and a keen eye for detail working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead and motivate peer group
- Ability to positively influence suppliers and create a positive working relationship.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to produce useful and meaningful reports with recommendations of business improvements.