National Business Development Manager
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for 2 x National Business Development Managers to join our busy field based team. The roles can be based from any of our 6 centers, or home based - with regular travel required.
- Deliver new business growth across Aston Barclay and The Car Buying Group.
- Meet & exceed sales KPI’s (volume and profitability) consistently.
- Provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- Generate new business opportunity via effective prospecting through to securing new partners.
- Effectively on-board new customers.
- Log all activity on CRM (Sales Force).
- Account manage a selection of development customers.
- To implement the new business development strategy for Aston Barclay to grow market share.
- To research and identify sales leads and potential customers for Aston Barclay and The Car Buying Group to create new business growth opportunities.
- Identify and contact key decision makers and update CRM systems with contact information.
- Build and maintain a prospect target matrix and communicate to Head of Business.
- Development on a weekly basis via Salesforce and any other required reporting.
- Undertake structured prospecting and sales calls, qualifying requirements, setting up meetings and presenting tailored solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Maintain, manage, and grow new customers to gain maximum sales volume via effective account development activity.
- Integrate new products and services into the sales process.
- Implement sales products and the sales programme, specifically setting up customers with Aston Barclay’s digital products.
- Assist the development and implementation of customer facing presentations and sales collateral.
- Maintain knowledge of all Aston Barclay products and be a go to source for information and updates for the wider team.
- Monitor competitors closely including performance, wins, losses and products.
- Maintain knowledge of market dynamic shifts for example SMMT data and CAP values.
- Plan, lead and manage the implementation of all new customers to include, marketing and buyer engagement plans, operational delivery requirements, digital product implementation, formation of service level agreements and terms of business.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to provide a smooth transition for new customers.
- Account manage existing business as and where required in particular newly acquired partners and developmental accounts.
- Manage customer enquiries & be an active conduit for issue resolution.
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to all customer communication
- Represent Aston Barclay at external events.
KPI’s will include but won’t be limited to: -
• New vendor vehicle volume objectives (Quarterly and annually)
• New vendor profitability objectives (Quarterly and annually)
• Effective pipeline management and appropriate reporting on CRM
• Driving the business towards EBITDA and annual volume budget objectives
- Proven experience of field-based sales role within a similar environment or proven experience in sales within the automotive sector (dealer, fleet, or OEM)
- Experience of the remarketing industry would be beneficial but not essential.
- Must be experienced in strategic sales and long sales cycles.
- Must be able to demonstrate recent successes of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Experience of using a CRM system beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to consistently provide exceptional levels of customer service.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Organisation and time management skills, be able to work at pace.
- The ability to effectively present information and negotiate at all levels.
- Able & willing to travel.
- IT literacy in all core Microsoft programmes and database management
- Manage time and resources effectively.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays. Company Car.