Learning & Development Manager
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Learning & Development Manager to join our busy HR team based at Normanton, Wakefield. The role reports to the Chief People Officer and will be responsible for the delivery of Key HR Projects and the L&D strategy.
- Work with the Chief People officer to develop the L&D strategy for the Group.
- Lead on HR project management.
- Deliver excellent stakeholder management to ensure projects are completed on time, in full and within budget.
- Participate in the design of the learning and development strategy.
- Creating a Learning & Development Framework that integrates the businesses values and objectives.
- Launch the roll out of the new training strategies and processes.
- Develop Group talent and succession programmes.
- Monitor and report on L&D and talent program effectiveness.
- Manage relevant L&D related third party relationships.
- Optimise training to fit the company’s needs and culture.
- Support in establishing a governed approach to L&D throughout the group.
- Work with the wider HR team to set L&D budgets and ensure training is delivered within budget.
- Support on wider HR projects including but not limited to: Diversity and Inclusion, talent acquisition and employee engagement.
- Be responsible for the creation, development and delivery of project plans for HR projects, including confirmation of project milestones, and progress reporting.
- Execute strategic project plans in line with HR project objectives.
- Identify resources required for successful completion of HR projects.
- Plan, schedule and mange project calendars, meeting invites and key milestones.
- Plan and facilitate all project related meetings.
- Act as an agent of change for initiatives, working to embed any transformation, anticipate and overcome issues and proactively suggesting solutions.
- Develop and implement strategy and associated plans for a specific programme of change including implementing necessary resources and supporting systems, including monitoring and communications, to turn the ‘vision’ into a practical reality.
- Support managers in defining, developing and executing people plans that support the achievement of the business strategy, ensuring that People plans are integrated with wider HR strategy, policies & priorities.
- Gain commitment and involvement of management teams and those affected by the change using influence and interactions to advocate change consistently in the wider business.
- Acts as a role model for change through developing and implementing change management principles.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support on all HR matters occurring as part of transformation activity ensuring actions minimize risk and financial exposure.
- Promote effective two-way feedback and communication.
- Remain GDPR compliant consistently.
- Support and upskill business leaders to successfully lead and implement the change programmes ensuring that respect and best HR practice is at the heart of that implementation.
- Take action/work with colleagues to address and solve issues arising, by providing a high level of commercially sound advice.
- Champion effective change management through building appropriate internal and external relationships and actively collaborating across functions.
- Work actively with the management team to drive people performance to help the Company strive to meet its goals.
- Act on areas of improvement from the people agenda, creating a plan for implementing improvements and delegating actions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Use MI to help influence and support decision making.
- Utilise colleague’s industry knowledge to assist in successful completion of projects.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 08.30am - 5.00pm. Competitive salary.
- Proven experience within a L&D capacity.
- Experiencing supporting and implementing HR/business change programmes.
- Qualified CIPD member or equivalent professional qualification/Degree in HR or related discipline /relevant professional experience.
- Train the trainer (preferred but not essential).
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Commercial acumen and credibility.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday