IT Support Administrator
As the vehicle auction market place evolves, Aston Barclay is becoming ever more dependent on its IT systems and infrastructure.
The IT Support Administrator central role is to work as part of the Group IT team, handling the first line support calls of both internal and external customers. Additionally, to provide assistance to the wider team in their functions.
- 1st line support, handling inbound phone calls and emails from customers according to set policy and procedure.
- Configuring and resolving issues with Desktops, laptops and mobile devices
- Support in testing and deployment of software releases.
- Domain administration
- Log all support requests and assign tasks to pre-defined resources
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to all requests creating a high value service experience.
- Supporting the Aston Barclay values
- Manage the change process in accordance with defined procedures
- Documenting User requirements as part of the change process
- Produce recommendations based on improving efficiency and service
The role will require a person who has an attention to detail, process and documentation as well as a good underlying understanding of IT-Desktop environments.
The person must be customer service focused, with the main customer being the wider internal team. They should be comfortable working with people at all levels of seniority and with a varied level of technical knowledge, having the ability to “translate” and re-present technical information when required.
The person should also be able to work well independently and use their own initiative to ensure the IT systems, processes and user experience are maintained.
- Experience of working in an IT Environment
- Ability to multi-task to complete tasks in the allotted time
- Good communicator who can interact with users at all levels
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Microsoft Exchange servers
- Hands on PC configuration
- Project management and documentation
- Preparing reports
The role will be based out of the Chelmsford or Donington office however visits to our others sites in Wakefield, Leeds, Shropshire and Wiltshire will be required.
Full UK Driving License is required.
Full time, 40 hours per week - Monday to Friday
Apply for this vacancy