We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a HSEQ Advisor to join our team based in Normanton, Wakefield. The role reports to the Head of HSEQ & Compliance.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Maintain HSEQ standards, in-line with policy, legislation, and law.
- Provide HSEQ reporting & MI data.
- Carry out training with employees as required.
- Complete all HSEQ related administrative tasks.
- Complete Internal and External HSEQ and compliance audits across the group.
- Identify & promote best practice across the Company, ensuring policies & procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure that all sites have up to date risk records at all times & escalate any concerns to line management.
- Ensure that detailed records for accident investigation, training, inspections & audit are logged & maintained.
- Process all data with a high level of accuracy & attention to detail.
- Deal with queries from internal and external stakeholders and resolve them in a timely manner, escalating where required.
- Support the coordination & implementation of initiatives that reduce the risk of incidents & accidents through effective communications, campaigns & best practice.
- Create and update risk assessments as required.
- Conduct systematic drug and alcohol testing in line with policy.
- Maintain database entries for all accidents & near-misses, highlighting the actions required for preventing reoccurrence.
- Review of accident / incident reports, ensuring that they are completed in full, with a detailed root cause analysis.
- Report on accidents and incidents to the ELT and insurance providers, in the absence of the Head of HSEQ and Compliance.
- Monitor Company performance by gathering relevant HSEQ data & generate reports as presentations, as instructed
- Support the company’s Sustainability Agenda with effective reporting of Scope 3 categories and on-going projects.
- Collate HSEQ Champion’s Monthly returns, ensuring that they are complete, providing feedback to ACM’s and Departments where necessary.
- Plan & organise HSE training schedules to ensure compliance is maintained at all times.
- Support in the delivery of training to employees at all levels.
- Assist with induction training and site tours with new starters and visitors, where necessary.
- Monitor, update and maintain the Integrated Management system as required, ensuring that all document changes are tracked and previous versions are archived effectively.
- Assist in the planning of meetings, including booking of rooms & equipment etc.
- Attend meetings as required & act as note taker, distributing minutes to attendees.
- Ensure compliance with GDPR at all times.
- Attend sites to complete Internal audits.
- Support Head of HSEQ and Compliance / Head of IT and Security on External ISO Audits.
- Ensure accurate documentation of findings.
- Review compliance and effectiveness of close out, against identified actions
- Complete and maintain DSE assessments for the group.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with a HSEQ role.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- Attention to detail.
- NEBSOH or IOSH Certification desirable.
- Knowledge of ISO standards and management systems.
- Internal / Lead Auditor qualifications desirable but not essential.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday
- Onsite Gym