Head of Management Accounts
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a Head of Management Accounts to join our busy finance team based at our Wakefield head office. This role is a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 12 Months starting June 2021.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the management accounting function for Auction business.
- Be responsible for the outputs of the function.
- Provide cover for accounts, cashflow and financial reporting for the TCBG business.
- Implement new processes and maintain comprehensive and up to date process documentation.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the business.
- Continuously improve controls and procedures for the benefit of Aston Barclay.
- Responsible for producing consolidated company and site P&Ls for Auction business and associated analysis, including the management pack.
- Ensure that all key drivers to revenues and costs are clearly reported to the wider business, presented in a manner to allow a comprehensive understanding throughout.
- Report vendor profitability and other analysis as required by the business.
- Account for vendor rebate in accordance with the contracts, and ensure adequate accrual is in place.
- Reconcile the rebate accounts on a monthly basis.
- Identify and analyse any other information required from various departments.
- Support the Group Finance Director in presenting the relevant management information to the SMT in the monthly meetings and taking any queries.
- Responsible for producing budgets and monthly forecasts for Auction (P&L).
- Provide visible, respectful leadership to the team and be the technical expert for the function.
- Maintain all systems ensuring that adequate and appropriate financial records are created and maintained as required for the function.
- Manage the Group Management Accountant to achieve agreed outputs.
- Foster a strong, self-perpetuating culture of continuous improvement in the function.
- Utilising agreed processes monitor performance of the functions against plan on a regular basis, expeditiously deal with exceptions in conjunction and keep the GFD informed as required.
- Work alongside Head of Financial Accounts and Treasury to deliver management and board packs.
- Implement project plans in line with the Group Finance Director’s requirements, and work with key stakeholders on the project needs of the Group, delegating specific tasks to direct reports as needed.
- Ensure that work aligns with the goals and needs of the Group, adapting plans as needed.
- Supervise the audit process for all ongoing projects and take regular updates to ensure goals are met.
- Professional accounting qualification.
- Proven ability and background in financial and management accounting
- Detailed understanding of business drivers, strategy and organisational issues.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and presentational skills.
- IT literate (accounting software) and experience in system improvement/ implementation.
- Good project management skills and an ability to generate new ideas and be innovative.
- Experience in multi-company environment.
- Experience of producing high quality management information to deadlines.
- Ability to be a trusted adviser to business colleagues.
- Ability to work with external advisors.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook skills.