Head of HSEQ & Compliance
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a Head of HSEQ & Compliance to join our team at our head office in Normanton.
As Head of HSEQ & Compliance you will inspire a positive safety culture that encourages all employees within the business to put safety first, differentiating Aston Barclay in the industry by delivering exceptional safety performance every day.
Principle responsibilities include:
• Drive safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation in-line with legislation.
• Ensure that exceptional safety and compliance standards are continually maintained and improved.
• Own all information and security compliance including GDPR.
• Produce accurate and reliable HSEQ & Compliance reporting & MI to help influence business decisions.
• Work with external assessors & statutory bodies.
• Ensure all employees have adequate training in line with role requirements.
• Lead & manage direct report to ensure functional outputs.
• Be a technical authority to the HRD and wider management board on all HSEQ & Compliance matters.
• Support the HR Director with creation of the HSEQ budget, ensuring the function operates in line with this.
• NEBOSH diploma or equivalent experience.
• Member of the institution of occupational health and safety.
• Able to structure and develop a strategy roadmap.
• Comfortable working in a fast moving, outcome driven business.
• Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice.
• Experience of implementing and maintaining HSEQ systems.
• Role model for managing change and good analytical skills.
Experience of ISO audits/compliance preferred but not essential.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.Apply for this vacancy