Head of HSEQ & Compliance
As Head of HSEQ & Compliance you will inspire a positive safety culture that encourages all employees within the business to put safety first, differentiating Aston Barclay in the industry by delivering exceptional safety performance every day.
- Working with the functional leaders to ensure they continue to maintain our standards. Ideally you will understand the principle and importance of effective auditing and be able to influence.
- Monitoring adherence to GDPR policy.
- Review current policies and procedures.
- Carrying out audits across the Group to ensure our processes mirror what we do in practice.
- Reporting monthly and annually on Quality, Health & Safety, Environment, and Information Security.
- Representing the company, meeting with external assessors to ensure compliance with the certifications.
- Reviewing fire risk assessments, and H&S audits ensuring these up to date and all priority actions and recommendations are implemented within recommended timeframes.
- Monitoring and dealing with Notices from statutory authorities.
- Attending site meetings statutory bodies.
- Monitoring performance in complying with fire safety recommendations.
- Ensuring sites have up to date risk records.
- Providing regular updates on health, safety and fire legislation associated guidance, government advice notes, industry guidance, best practice and proposed developments.
- Support the First Aid provision for the site to meet with legal requirements for cover and training.
- Ensure all key stakeholders are appropriately trained to complete accident investigations in timely manner set down through agreed KPI’s and assist stakeholders in accident investigations and lead investigation in high potential incidents/accidents.
- Maintain database entries for all accidents and near misses, adequately identifying and highlighting where necessary the actions required for preventing re-occurrence; this includes the accurate maintenance of accident reports.
- Implement and co-ordinate initiatives that reduce the risk of accidents and incidents through effective communications, campaigns and best practise.
- Maintaining the corporate risk register and the implementation of adequate controls.
- Ensuring the Board of Directors receive and act on reports of HSEQ and Compliance matters.
- Supporting the CFO in setting up a Data Protection Group with nominated. representatives at each location of the organisation and assist them with the successful implementation of their local DP Policy to ensure legislative compliance.
- Providing trend analysis to Group management Board to support and provide focus for driving positive behaviours and culture within the business.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent
- Member of the institution of occupational health and safety
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to structure and develop a strategy roadmap
- Ready to roll up sleeves and gets hands on
- Comfortable working in a fast moving, outcome driven business
- Robust knowledge and understanding of Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation & best practice and appropriate industry specific qualifications (NEBOSH & IEMA, Auditor Training)
- Experience of implementing and maintaining QHSE systems
- Role Model for Managing Change and good analytical skills
- Previous experience of managing and maintaining client and stakeholder relationships
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office
- Commercial understanding of operational business processes
- Relationship Building
- Strong communication skills
- IEMA Diploma
- Formal quality training - prefer IQA qualification
- GDPR Training
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Apply for this vacancy