We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
As a Group Auctioneer you will be responsible for organising the auction and managing the bidding and sale process across our 6 strategically located auction centres. You will help ensure that Aston Barclay increases its market share through excellent customer service, gaining new customers and maintaining the continuing loyalty of existing ones.
- Undertake auctioneering rostrum duties across all sites.
- Advise customers as required regarding the products and provide a point of contact for customers for all queries in relation to products.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
- Promote on a day-to-day basis the auctioneering operation in line with Aston Barclay values, strategies and policies.
- Develop new and potential customers through networking, courtesy and follow-up calls.
- Carry out valuations of products.
- Assist the centre managers with dispute issues.
- Contact agreed buyers on a regular basis.
- Carry out catalogue checking.
- Generate post-sale reports.
- Convert provisional bids and not solds after the sale.
- Assist with vendor and buyer entertainment.
- Meet and greet vendors and buyers on the day of the sale.
- Encourage and nurture strong working relationships between colleagues/department/customers.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience auctioneering in the Motor Trade preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to promote the company and identify new business development opportunities.
- Excellent I.T. skills.
- Full UK Driving License (the role will include travel).
- A professional demeanour, an outgoing personality and the ability to effectively engage with customers at all levels.
- Ability to monitor current market conditions.
- Ability to remain well-informed of current makes and models of cars coming to auction.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
As this is a regional role it may be based at any of our 6 centres which are: Leeds, Donington Park, Wakefield, Chelmsford, Westbury & Prees Heath.
Apply for this vacancy