Customer Service Advisor (Temp Contract)
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for a full time Customer Service Advisor to join our Central team in Wakefield. This position is a temporary contract to cover maternity leave on a 9 month fixed term contract.
As a Customer Service Advisor, you will be expected to:
- Provide exceptional levels of Customer Service.
- Be the first point of contact, actioning inbound and outbound customer calls, as necessary.
- Respond to queries via email, live chat
- Monitor and respond to emails from different shared inboxes in a timely manner.
- Deal with customer queries, working as a conduit between site personnel, sales and customers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
Maintain and grow the existing buyer base.
- Build strong relationships with a portfolio of buyers, being fully accountable for driving customer excellence with an aim to increase purchase activity.
- Be involved in call campaigns, contacting customers to attend special sales programmes and sales with low buyer attendance with support from the wider sales, site personnel and marketing function.
- Review and action internal stakeholder feedback regarding buyer attendance/performance.
- Engage with customers who have not attended sales, encouraging them to attend and to gain an understanding of why they haven’t been attending.
- Maintain strong relationships with buyers mitigating risk and maximising opportunity.
- Manage buyer tiering, ensuring buyers are in the correct buyer tiers and look for opportunities to move buyers up through tiers by encouraging additional purchases.
Carry out administrative tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Keep all systems up to date with customer contact details.
- Open new buyer accounts.
- Update and manage SalesForce with all key information.
- Close accounts & remove access where required & in a timely manner.
- Process tiering structures and communicate with customers verbally and in writing.
- Update GDPR preferences within AMS.
- Support the onboarding process of new customers and maintain accounts.
- Deal with customer complaints, seeing through to resolution and escalating where necessary.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure SLA and KPI’s are being met.
- Obtain feedback from customers and share with the wider team, to enable learning and improvements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional levels of customer service at all times.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Organisation and time management skills
- Able to work at pace.
- High level IT literacy in all core Microsoft programmes and database management.
- Experience in the motor trade or within auction is desired, although not essential.
This position is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 25 days leave per annum + bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday
- Onsite Gym & Canteen