Class 2 HGV Driver
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Class 2 HGV Driver to join our busy transport team at Chelmsford. You will be responsible for the collection and delivery of vehicles to and from auction.
• Load & unload vehicles, ensuring safe practices are followed.
• Ensure the road worthiness of the truck, reporting any defects in a timely fashion.
• Report all load damage to vehicles or property in-line with Company procedures.
• Carry out vehicle damage appraisals to a high level of accuracy at all times.
• Process all relevant paperwork to a high standard.
• Abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and working time.
• Carry out jump starts and refuelling in accordance with guidelines.
• Carry out delegated duties as required.
• Dispatch documentation to the Administrative function as required.
• Deliver exceptional customer service at all times.
• Deal with complaints as necessary.
• Escalate complaints as necessary.
• Complete the complaints log on every occasion.
• Ensure feedback is learned from and work in a way that supports continuous improvement.
• Hold a Class 2 HGV licence.
• Full driver CPC qualification.
• Experience of car transporters preferred but not essential.
• Experience of working to deadlines with quality output.
• Ability to work in a complex, fast paced transport function.
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers.
• Organisational and prioritisation skills.
45 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Competitive salary + bonus.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum, inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday