Working in direct support of the Yard Manager, the Yard Controller is responsible for coordinating/directing allocated resources to ensure that the processing of all vehicles from receipt on site to exit post sale are completed in accordance with operational procedures and agreed SLAs.
The jobholder will be multi-skilled, with in depth knowledge of all aspects of all operational processes.
Overseeing a distinct team and leading by example in all aspects of the work, the jobholder, working in conjunction with other Yard Controllers/Yard Managers will be responsible for monitoring staff activity against tasks/timescales set and redeploying as necessary across all areas in order to get the all activities completed.
Day To Day Duties:
- Perform duties of Hall/Yard Master or Key Master as required;
- Locking and unlocking site when required;
- Ensure scheduled testing and maintenance of alarm systems are carried out:
- Pre-sale Prep/Auction/Post-sale Processes:
- Monitor all staff activities in relation to the preparation, auction and post-sale processes, ensuring that all Vendor SLAs are adhered to and correct level of service applied;
- Constantly liaise with Yard Managers/Yard Controllers group and redeploy resources in order to maximise utilisation of available team member hours;
- Constantly validate accuracy of activity in order to satisfy ones self that correct procedures have been followed and presentation is of an acceptable level;
- Raise any issues with individuals concerned, and where necessary Yard Manager.
Use of computer equipment:
- Utilisation handheld equipment to barcode, express, inspect, assure and lot vehicles ahead of their line up for sale;
- Utilisation of desktop equipment in order to track progress/location of specific vehicles and keep track of vehicles requiring sale preparation.
- Ability to work without close supervision;
- Good written and verbal communication at all levels;
- Ability to accurately record information on handheld and desktop computer equipment;
- Physically fit (due to amount of walking required to undertake the role).
- Willingness to adapt within an evolving business.
- Good interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities.
- Be able to both receive and relay information clearly and accurately.
Full clean driving license is required.
45+ hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Apply for this vacancy