Relief HGV Driver
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are now seeking an HGV Relief Driver to join our busy Chelmsford team.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide holiday and absence cover for all HGV Drivers in the branch. This will involve delivering and collecting vehicles, the loading and unloading operation, and to take the initiative and respond to changing situations quickly in order to ensure minimal truck downtime is maintained and customer service levels remain high.
When no cover is required, you will be assisting in the yard with pulling loads for HGV drivers, assisting with loading and unloading of transporters, general yard movement of vehicles, assisting with the auction sales, barcoding vehicles and other duties.
You must hold an HGV Class I licence.
- Car transport experience preferred – however, full training will be given.
- Full Driver CPC Qualification – ongoing training provided.
- Good geographical knowledge
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Hardworking with a flexible approach, organised and literate.
- Must be able to cope well under pressure.
- Maximum of 6 points (no DD driving convictions)
You must be able to communicate at all levels across the business and convey messages in a confident and clear manner. Applicants will also be open to receiving and acting upon feedback from their Line Manager. We are looking for an energetic and resilient person who will 'make things happen' through to completion, who is also highly self-motivated and results focused.
45 hours per week - Monday to Friday
ImmediateApply for this vacancy