Assistant Centre Manager (Customer Service)
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We have a exciting opportunity for a Assistant Centre Manager to join our Chelmsford auction centre.
The role will report into the Auction Centre Manager and will be responsible for the day to day running of the office function as well as acting as proxy in the Centre Managers absence.
- Lead and deliver the company’s customer service strategy.
- Enforce & promote safety within the workplace.
- Meet and exceed financial metrics.
- Lead the Customer Service team.
- Promote exceptional levels of service throughout Operations.
- Champion continuous improvement throughout the Operations function.
- Understand what drives the branches key performance and be able to confidently articulate
that to stakeholders and branch teams.
- Ensure effective communication between departments ensuring the key messages are
- Ensure site compliance with group HSEQ policies and procedures.
- Lead daily huddles and managers meetings.
- Supervise front office staff, providing technical guidance as required.
- Create & maintain the rota for all staff, updating absence & leave in a timely manner.
- Be the key link between customer, office and operations team to deliver required SLA’s
- Provide information of SLA’s to the operations teams to ensure standards are maintained
- Cover the Auction Assistant duties as required.
- Monitor all systems to ensure that appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Work with our sales & buyer teams to ensure you are the key focus figure for our buyers
- Ensure involvement in new customer requirements, understanding requirements set by key
stakeholders to deliver the customer expectations.
- Ensure all employees with the department have PDR’s and monthly 1:2:1’s which have
structure giving SMART objectives throughout.
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth & strive to exceed the targets set.
- Ensure that the highest level of understanding on all the Company’s products is maintained
to support revenue opportunities.
- Carry out daily monitoring of branch KPI’s - highlighting pressure areas and providing
suggested solutions including; Collection/Delivery performance, Debt - auction & sundry,
- Highlight potential process failures prior to any drop in service levels.
- Ensure all pre and post-sale reporting is completed in line with SLA requirements.
- Be involved in all monthly financial requirements the Centre Manager is required to complete -
Forecast, 1st draft P&L, P&L calls, Commentary.
- Be able to complete all of the above group requirements in the absence of the centre
- Ability to motivate team members
- Ability to manage, coach and develop people.
- Understanding and experience of managing an operations function.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Understanding of operational drivers, improvements and departmental issues and taking appropriate action.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of HSEQ & Compliance standards and processes.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase up to an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday