Assistant Auction Centre Manager (Customer Service)
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
Our mission is to bring new perspectives, energy and more innovative ways of working to extend our value within the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Assistant Auction Centre Manager to join our team at Chelmsford. The role reports to the Auction Centre Manager (ACM) and will be responsible for leading and delivering the customer service strategy on site.
- Support the Auction Centre Manager to lead and manage the site.
- Lead and deliver the company’s customer service strategy.
- Enforce & promote safety within the workplace.
- Meet and exceed financial metrics.
- Lead the Customer Service team.
- Promote exceptional levels of service throughout Operations.
- Champion continuous improvement throughout the Operations function.
- Lead and deliver the site strategy, including the provision of effective auctions by physical or digital means.
- Assist the ACM in all matters and work as a team to maximize the profitability of the centre and online operations; being jointly responsible for finance performance.
- Act as the ACMs proxy when required (e.g., due to absence); leading all departments across the site.
- Nurture and champion all customer relationships, both vendor and buyers.
- Support growth targets for the centre through onboarding of new business effectively and in line with SLAs.
- Be the key link between customer, office and operations team to deliver required SLA’s.
- Ensure effective communication between all departments ensuring the key messages are delivered.
- Lead daily huddles and managers meetings in the absence of the Centre Manager.
- Meet and exceed all operational KPIs and objectives
- Attend and contribute at monthly and weekly operations meetings
- Supporting on any operations projects
- Produce quality management information within set timescales
- Ensure site adherence to group HSEQ & Compliance policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive H&S mindset across all areas of the site.
- Carry out & review monthly audits. Seek to understand learnings & take appropriate actions.
- Monitor and manage group policies to ensure the team fully understand legislation and adhere to it.
- Promote the importance of operating within a safe environment - raising issues as required with the Centre Manager or Group HSEQ & Compliance function.
- Ensure effective communication between departments ensuring the key messages are delivered
- Supervise front office staff, providing technical guidance as required.
- Create & maintain the rota for all staff, updating absence & leave in a timely manner.
- Be the key link between customer, office and operations team to deliver required SLA’s
- Provide information of SLA’s to the operations teams to ensure standards are maintained
- Cover the Auction Assistant duties as required.
- Monitor all systems to ensure that appropriate records are created and maintained.
- Work with our sales & buyer teams to ensure you are the key focus figure for our buyers and vendors
- Ensure involvement in new customer requirements, understanding requirements set by key stakeholders to deliver the customer expectations.
- Ensure all employees with the department have PDR’s and monthly 1:2:1’s which have structure giving SMART objectives throughout
- Be a point of escalation for customer feedback & complaints within the department.
- Maintain excellent relationships for the branch for all physical attending customers, developing an approach for our online customers so they see the same benefit as an attending customer
- Continually seek to grow the department by working in a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Support the wider operations team with any projects undertaken.
- Undertake review processes, identifying gaps and areas of improvement.
- Ability to motivate team members
- Ability to manage, coach and develop people.
- Understanding and experience of managing an operations function.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
- Understanding of operational drivers, improvements and departmental issues and taking appropriate action.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Automotive industry experience – preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of HSEQ & Compliance standards and processes.
- Proven experience of delivering exceptional service to customers both personally and through a team.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Competitive salary and company car.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits that reflect the value we place on our employees and help make Aston Barclay Group a great place to work. These include:
- 33 days leave per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- The ability to purchase upto an additional 5 days leave per annum
- Enhanced sick/maternity/paternity/adoption policies
- Healthcare Cashback scheme on costs such as Dental, Optical and Physiotherapy
- Access to an online rewards scheme that gives you discounts and money back on everything from fashion, holidays, entertainment, car hire, health and beauty and even weekly shopping from major supermarkets
- Free Employee Assistance Program (also available to family dependants)
- Life assurance cover 2 x salary
- Christmas savings scheme
- Length of service awards
- Refer a friend recruitment incentive scheme
- Early finish on your birthday