Accounts Assistant (AB Online)
We are the leading national independent auction group, led by quality people, driving the future of the remarketing industry through leading results, innovation, investment, excellence in technology and exceptional service.
We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to support Aston Barclay online and our busy Finance department, based in Normanton.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for accurate recording of daily and monthly accounts.
- Take responsibility for accurate processing of export VAT refunds.
- Carry out administrative tasks.
- Arrange payment of creditors.
- Audit all invoices.
- Provide data and MI.
- Oversee financial transactions in AMS.
- Provide branch management with accounts support.
- Provide Central Finance with general admin and purchase ledger support.
- Prepare and send BACS payments, obtaining appropriate approval
- Prepare all invoices and send to buyers
- Ensure debt is collected
- Monitor VAT export refunds mailbox, categorising into correct payment time frame
- Oversee financial transactions
- responding promptly to all queries
- Ensure creditors are paid within terms, subject to company policy
- Carry out constant auditing of all sales invoices to ensure that all data balances.
- Provide cover in the absence of branch accountant
- Assist the Purchase Ledger team with processing of invoice during busy periods and covering absence
- Experience working within accounts administration.
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a complex, fast paced operations function.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of producing high quality information to deadlines.
- Organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Intermediate computer & Microsoft Office knowledge.
40 hours per week, Monday to FridayApply for this vacancy